Thursday, December 16, 2010

Made It Through One

Sorry you have not seen an update on here in a while. I have been busy with finals, but I am proud to say I have finished one semester of Occupational Therapy school. To celebrate being done a bunch of us (my classmates) went out and hit the square of downtown. Needless to say, there was not much to hit and we were gone by supper time.

I headed west to Mississippi to kick off my Christmas break, playing the esteemed role of a townsperson in First Baptist Church Vicksburg's presentation of God's Christmas Gift. I am sure they saw the talent and will be asking me back to fill a larger role. On Sunday I had the pleasure of attending First Baptist Church Jackson's Carols by Candlelight, a Strong family tradition. While there I, at times, felt as close to God as I may ever have. The final two anthems the choir were an arangement of Amazing Grace and Handel's classic Hallelujah Chorus.  I am convinced the feelings I felt were as close to what heaven feels like as we have here. There are very few times that I can remember in my life feeling this way and I will hopefully remember it for the rest of my life. I know watching it on the computer is not the same, but here is the link. FBC Jackson- Amazing Grace

I have made it back to home sweet Rome and all that is missing is my sister. It is going to be great to have some extended time with the four of us all under the same roof.

To the fans of my sports analysis, be looking forward to my best bowls of the season and bowl picks to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment