Thursday, November 18, 2010

Turner Field in November?

Yes. It is true. I had the pleasure to attend Lexie's senior formal this past weekend which was in no other place than THE Turner Field, home of your Atlanta Braves, and so many of my own sports memories. I do not want to brag too much, but it was pretty much our doing to have formal at the sight of our first date, more than two and a half years ago. The idea came from Ellen, who had her formal there a year ago. Seeing that I am past the days of Sigma Chi parties the next option was Lexie. She, of course, loved the idea and put the idea in the social chair's ear.

There is not a better backdrop to have at a party, one side with Turner Field and the other with the Atlanta skyline. I could not have been happier there, after eating all the salmon I could and dancing the night away. That move would come back later to haunt me in the form of a stomachache. Worth it? Yep.

When we got tired of dancing we looked over Turner Field with Hand Aaron smiling behind us. It was such a surreal sight to see a stadium I have grown accustomed to seeing full, with no one in the seats. Even waiting in line was fun. I dragged Lexie away from the line to let it die down and just chatted it up with the security guards who knew many of the players on my favorite professional sports team. I really was like a kid in a candy shop, prettiest and most fun date, all I could eat delicious food, with a view one of my favorite stadiums and cities.

No comments:

Post a Comment