Thursday, March 24, 2011

Disciple Now

Last weekend I had the opportunity to help lead the 7th and 8th grade boys for the Disciples Now at my home-away-from-home church, First Baptist Gainesville. For those of you that may not know exactly what a "Disciple Now" is, which was me before last weekend, here is a quick rundown.

Friday- The kids gathered at church for worship and games. Travel to a home of someone in the church (where you will spend the next two nights). Bible study and a game of Try and Tackle Graham.

Saturday- Wake up. Bible study. Head to the church for games and worship. Go into the community for mission projects in the afternoon. Back to the host homes for another three hours of video games and Try and Tackle Graham. Head back to the church for dinner, games and worship. Back to the host home for bible study and a game of Try and Stay Up All Night.

Sunday- Go to church for breakfast and a final devotion. Leave a little early and warm up the pipes for choir. Back to my apartment, try and stay awake to watch the Duke game. Fail miserably and sleep away the afternoon.

Tiring? Yes, but it would be hard for me to find a better weekend I have had since moving to Gainesville. It was like a glimpse of being a bible study leader back at PASSPORT for a weekend (one of my best summers ever). Speaking of... the pastor for the weekend was the pastor the summer I did camp. It was great to get together and catch up on life with him. It was like the two year hiatus never happened. 

I had a great weekend, and I was able to share with some boys about how good our God is. All the while they were teaching me patience (obviously) and how God takes care of us through our most difficult trials, such a comforting feeling and one I hope I am able to pass to others who do not know the love of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment