Wednesday, April 27, 2011

April 27

Tomorrow is the last day of finals in my first year of occupational therapy school at Brenau University. Yes, I should be studying my pediatric material for my test tomorrow, but there is too much going on in the world to not make a few comments. Lame title I know. It gets challenging to name the "random thoughts" posts.

Congratulations to Cleveland Browns RB Peyton Hillis. He will be the cover athlete for the famous Madden football video game franchise in 2012. He beat out some of the most popular players in the league including Super Bowl MVP Aaron Rogers and former cover boy himself Michael Vick. I have been a Hillis fan since his days at the University of Arkansas. I still find it hard to believe he beat the other Peyton and his Arkansas running back mates Darren McFadden and Felix Jones to the cover of Madden. (McFadden was on the cover of NCAA Football 09).

Samford has a new recruit making a visit to campus. Justin Combs, son of rap mogul Sean "P. Diddy of Puffy" Combs. Can you imagine the atmosphere at Seibert Stadium next year? And talk about some serious street cred. I am one proud alumnus.

To the college game. I am proud of Florida Head Coach Will Muschamp for kicking his First Team All SEC cornerback Janoris Jenkins off of the team after Jenkins was arrested a third time since moving to Gainesville. Muschamp has talked often about the Florida way, and this is a great start to changing a culture.

In other college football news, I am beyond tired of Ohio State and their coach Jim Tressel. Get him out of the game.

On a little more serious note, please pray for those affected by the tornado ripping through the southeast as I type. It has already done tremendous damage in Tuscaloosa and communities around Birmingham, a place I luckily called home for four years. Now it is my hometown of Rome, Georgia. Please pray for safety and the recovery efforts that will be soon to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment