Saturday, April 9, 2011

Daddy-Daughter (and Brother/Son tag-a-long) Weekend

Last weekend I went to Athens for Ellen's and Pops Daddy-Daughter weekend. I know it was supposed to be their weekend, and I am thankful for the envite. Since we have both moved out of the house I try to take advantage of any opprotunity I can to see the family. 


Entering Foley Field
After getting kicked out of UGA's spring football practice (starting WR Tavarres King eventually came to sit by us at the game), the three of us went to my first SEC baseball game. I had seen my Samford Bulldogs take care of business against Alabama and Auburn, but had never been to an SEC baseball stadium and seen two SEC teams go at it. University of Georgia has a a great setting to watch their Bulldogs play ball. They have a couple of houses behind the right field wall reminiscent of my college days. Needless to say, they were not the heckling force the Right Field Rowdies have become at Joe Lee Griffin Stadium at Samford University. Few are and that is a whole other post. One of the my favorite parts of Foley Field and its construction is the fans are looking down on the field and literally sit on top of the dugouts. The action is under your nose and there was not a bad seat as I walked around to check it out.

UGA was once again playing Mississippi State, the same school they played when I went to a basketball game earlier this semester. The result was the same... Dawgs won, the home Dawgs that is. It was a good time for the three of us as Pops and I got to meet some of Ellen's friends, one of which got to participate in an on-field contest. He won.
Our Seats
After the game the three of us went and got steak dinners, went back to the hotel, and laughed with each other until we fell asleep. No family is more fun than the Reaves in a cheap hotel room and this time Mama was not there to moderate. It was great. I always love spending time with the family and am looking forward  to Easter when the four of us will be together again.

No comments:

Post a Comment