Tuesday, June 7, 2011

A Mountain and a Job

As low key as the first few weeks of my summer were (many days by the pool, on the lake, and fishing), the last week has been all but slow. I had plans everyday of the week. Even one day of plans during the first three weeks was uncommon.

For those of you who do not know I was hired at The Gainesville Times with the official title of Sports Clerk. I am now employed by the local paper and will have my works published in print here and there, more so when the sports world picks up a little bit. Either way, it is fun to say I am a member of the media, can get press passes, and have access to the Associated Press wire. Even the lowest member of the totem pole at a small paper (me) can acess and do some of the same things as the guys on TV and the biggest papers. It may not seem impressive to most, but I think it is pretty cool. Now I am taking suggestions of themes for my cubicle.

In field trip news, I was asked to be a chaperone a trip with the FBC Gainesville youth to a classic Georgian destination, Stone Mountain State Park.(Earlier in the week I was asked to also go with the youth to Passport, the same camp I staffed two years ago.)  I have called Georgia home for 11 years the youth could not believe I had not been to see the South's proud version of Mount Rushmore. It was a lot of fun and as always, a reminder of how much you change from high/middle school through college. Still at heart though, no worries. I tweeted of how the laser show is sort of like a glorified PowerPoint presentation, but a good one. One that will make you proud to be a Georgian and American, two things I do love.

How 'bout them generals, fireworks, and lasers? Woo!

1 comment:

  1. Obviously your cubicle theme should be Arkansas Razorbacks. I find it sad that I even had to suggest it. - Di

    ReplyDelete