Sunday, February 13, 2011

The Best Super Bowl Ads

Part of the tradition of Super Bowl Sunday is watching the TV commercials between the game. For some, it is the reason they watch the game. The 61 commercials played during the Super Bowl this year cost $3 million dollars per 30 second spot ($100,000 per second). After a week to think about it, here are some of my favorites.

1. Doritos- "Grandpa's Ashes"
Grandpa's Ashes got by far the most laughs during my Super Bowl party. Some of the other Doritos ads were creative but none of them could top this one.


2. Volkswagen- "DarthVader"
At first I wondered what child wants to be Darth Vader, the bad guy, out of all the characters in Star Wars, but really liked this commercial. The more I see the advertisement the more I like it.

3. NFL- "Best Fans Ever"
Best part of this commercial? The Duke boys from The Dukes of Hazard jumping a ravine with a Atlanta Falcons flag raised high above General Lee, their iconic car.

4. Bridgestone- "Beaver Returns the Favor"
I missed this commercial during the game but after seeing it I am a big fan. The official name of the commercial is "Carma." I am a sucker for puns.

No comments:

Post a Comment