Friday, February 11, 2011

Today's Happenings

I wish there was time during the day on a normal basis to write about what is going on in the sports world. Or in a dream world, I would have a talk radio show on which I could express my opinions. Maybe one day...

 The Cam Newton saga continues as he had a workout for invited members of the media. The one thing I don't like about preparation for the NFL Draft is when armatures hold pro days for scouts. Not much can be learned when there is no defense and the player throws scripted routes. Yesterday, there weren't even pro scouts there. It was strictly media members to get the Cam Newton buzz back up.

In other Newton news Auburn said the athletic department has spent $170,000 in attorney fees this season in the Cam Newton case. 170,000+ 180,000= 2010 National Championship. Not a bad investment.

CBS announced with the help of TBS they will cover every March Madness game this year. Great idea, but I feel like the cutaways while watching one game to buzzer beater after buzzer beater. I think this takes away a little of the magic. Plus, I unlike my father, am not a seasoned veteran at changing channels effectively.

Jerry Sloan resigned from the head coaching job of the Utah Jazz, a title he has heald for more than 23 years. During his tenure he never won a championship, but also sufffered only one losing season. He would have a ring if his best teams hadn't had to go against Michael Jordan in his prime.

The Cleveland Caveliers now have a good argument in the case for the worse team in professional sports history after losing their 26th straight game. They now have the most consecutive losses of any team from the four major professsional sports.

Great article by SI.com's Andy Staples rating recruiting classes they should be.... looking back at how they fared in their time at college.

I know the "sports blogs" may not be the most interesting to my family who wants to know what is going on, but maybe you learned a little something. I know my Mom is learning a lot about sports and that is enough reason to keep on writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment