Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Good Picks and Paint Covered

I want to apologize to those who have been waiting so anxiously to see my view on the past weekend, even if you are few and far between. I must also apologize to those looking for the most serious college football breakdown from the past weekend, most likely no one but Pops. I spent the weekend out of town and did not catch most of the football action but instead was restricted to getting scores via Pops and my phone.

For most of the day I was running around Birmingham trying to find all white clothing for a paint party I went to with Lexie. It was good to be back. I kept saying how nice it was to be able to drive around and know where things were. From the dinner-walk around The Summit- movie date through a lazy Sunday afternoon after church it was a great weekend in which I got to see some long missed familiar faces. My goal for the party was to make Lexie look like a smurf but we decided it would be best that we be on the same team and try to cover everyone else in paint. We may have lost...

The only scary part were the men coming up to us at the BP station needing a ride. They came up thinking they could just bum a ride easily, but left soon after they, like most, became intimidated of the NASCAR eagle on the front of my shirt. Best $6 shirt ever.

Back to the college game...

I had a great weekend picking winners. How could I not improve after last week's performance? The only one big one I missed was the number one team in the nation going down for the third straight week which I don't think that most experts saw that coming. Now comes the fun part of waiting to see if Auburn becomes the fourth after they jumped over Boise State and Oregon to take the number one spot. Speaking of Auburn, Cam Newton continues to impress and is literally running away with the Heisman votes as he now holds the SEC single season rushing record for QB's with 5 games to go! I have not looked forward to an Iron Bowl more and am hoping the two teams can remain undefeated heading into Tuscaloosa on the last week of the season.

Boise State plays tonight, yes I said on a Tuesday night. I think it should be in the BCS clauses that the national champion can not have played on a Tuesday night game. The country should be more excited and TV producers should want to pick up your games more on the weekend. Of course that is the one pick I have that is outstanding. Maybe my dreams can come true.

Quick Hits:

-Notre Dame is having a rough time this year but I do think Brian Kelley is the right man for the job. He just needs time to turn everything upside down in that program.

-Nebraska got back on track in a big way knocking off formerly undefeated Oklahoma State on Saturday. Taylor Martinez your big performance was one week too late and may have cost you a shot at the Heisman.

-Word on the street is that Mississippi State will have the cowbells taken away. Did SEC commissioner actually believe rowdy college kids would follow the rules and not ring the bells while the other team had the ball?

-There are still 7 undefeated teams in college football and we are just over halfway through the season, way too many. Here come the upsets

-Finally, it almost saddens me to watch the Dallas Cowboys play. I know Grannie you may not have quite given up yet but I have thrown in the towel. It is almost like even Jerry Jones and the Cowboys are sad Grandaddy is not able to sit in his recliner and watch them play, but let's be serious. He has much better things to do where he is.

 
*Energy to type this blog was provided by the BBQ chicken prepared in the newest kitchen appliance at the apartment (the crock pot). Thanks to you Ahnie and Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment