Saturday, October 23, 2010

How See the College Football Weekend

Back again and trying to improve on last week's terrible start. Oh well that is why they play the game, for me to talk about it. Sarcasm. Either way I like to think so. Studying for my Anatomy Lab exam might be what I should be concentrating my efforts towards. No worries parents and grandparents, I studied earlier today so I would have time for to write to my faithful followers.

LSU vs. Auburn- Seriously can any one stop Auburn quarterback Cam Newton? If LSU does they win the game easily. Besides Newton please tell me how Auburn would have scored any points this season. Nope, you can't do it. Like I said last week I know have complete respect for him but am not ready to crown the War Eagles (I know Auburn fans. It's so the two teams are not confused.) the SEC West champion, much less the winner of the whole league and I know that the Bayou Bengals will have to say something about it too. All this said, or written, for my more literal readers, I don't see the Mad Hatter being able to rub the rabbit's foot and pull out a win here.

Alabama vs. Tennessee- Remember when the 3rd Saturday of October meant something? It is OK if you don't. It's been a few years. Since Nick Saban has arrived to Tuscaloosa he has handled the Volunteers all three years. Last year's epic game in which Terrance Cody blocked a potential game-winning kick to win the game was just that, epic. I don't see this one being nearly as close as the Crimson Tide continues to get their roll on and handles this road game easily.

Mississippi vs. Arkansas- This game has started to mean something since the head coach of the Rebels is the former Razorback coach. Yet again, Houston Nutt will get a hearty welcome from his former home crowd. By hearty I mean the loathing will come straight from the heart. Petrino, who was berated earlier this week by a former co-worker during his stint with the Atlanta Falcons, the Cincinatti Bengals Defensive Coordinator, will be looking to show his home crowd that he couldn't be happier in Fayetteville. Arkansas' Ryan Mallet is back from his concussion and has a big week against a subpar pass defense from Ole Miss.

Oklahoma vs. Missouri- The matchup in Columbia is the home to College Gameday, which always bring a little extra excitement to the air. Add in two undefeated teams, one of which is the new BCS number one, and you have as big of a weeknd as you can have in Missouri (outside of Branson of course, Grannie). I am not a believer in the Tigers yet but this would boost nationwide credibility. I can't say that I see it happening though. Heisman candidate, DeMarco Murray runs wild and Oklahoma gets a big win to boost their already top BCS score.


Wisconsin vs. Iowa- Here is Wisconsin's or Iowa's chance to make some serious headway in their quest for the Big 10 title. This will be one of the hardest hitting games of the weekend with both clubs having serious size on the line. I was again impressed by John Clay and the Badger running game that I think they can pull out a tough road game against the most consistent team in America. Wisconsin goes on the road for a mini-upset and separates themselves as the team to beat in the Big 10.

Other Winners (in bold)

North Carolina vs. Miami
South Carolina vs. Vanderbilt
Georgia vs. Kentucky
Notre Dame vs. Navy
Georgia Tech vs. Clemson
Michigan State vs. Northwestern
Syracuse vs. West Virginia
UAB vs. Mississippi State
Whoever Boise State plays vs. Boise State


I have mostly visitors winning which makes me a little nervous but I am ready for Saturday. Who's with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment