Sunday, January 30, 2011

End of January

When tomorrow comes to an end the first month of 2011 will come to an end as well. Hard to believe January is already done. Looking back on the month it has been an eventful one. Since coming back to Gainesville I have:

Survived a snow storm- See my previous post for a closer look but this was a time in which we as an apartment were forced to have some bonding time. The bonding time has made for a much more comfortable living situation.

Started P90X- Wow... what a program. I have started to see results from working out everyday. By doing the program I am now starting to feel a need to workout everyday. I physically feel better, sleep better, and feel more productive about my days. I still have 60 more days to complete but I can say that I am looking forward to them.

Joined First Baptist Gainesville's Sanctuary Choir- This has been one of the best things I have done since moving here. As sort of a New Year's resolution I wanted to become involved in a group other than my classmates. I am still struggling with names of people but everyone has treated me like one of their own. The hardest part about the choir? This is the first choral group I have been a part of since 6th grade chorus that isn't led by my father.

UGA basketball game- Again, check out the previous post for a breakdown but I had a great day in Athens roaming around with my sister. She's cool and makes me look hip and trendy when I am in downtown Ahhhhhthens. But really, it is always fun to go to see someone else's environment. Now I am expecting a visit in return from Ellen to show her all the fun here in Gainesville.

Started my second semester of occupational therapy school- Yeah... so when I am not busy I do this thing called graduate school. This semester is all about Neuroscience and Pediatrics. I am learning a lot and am not too far behind from the registration fiasco that took place for the first two weeks of school. I am doing my fieldwork in Lawerenceville, Georgia at All About Kids. Being in the clinic is so much better than the classroom. I am really looking forward to doing it on my own in a couple of years.

Life is good here in Gainesville.

No comments:

Post a Comment