Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Snow Break 2011

Snow Break has come to a screeching halt and class is back in swing like we nothing ever stopped. Professors expected us to continue chugging along like we were back in the swing of things. Needless to say, after a full Christmas break and two days of class before our ten day break my class was not ready to be back in the swing of things. I had class yesterday from 8:00 until 6:45. Granted, Tuesdays are my groups “tough day,” it was like immersion therapy. After a full day of class, a workout, dinner, and some homework my body could not even stay awake long enough to finish the Kentucky-Alabama basketball game in which Alabama pulled off the minor upset. I had not been that tired in a while so I slept better than a newborn and was up in no way tired when I was up and at ‘em by 7:45.
Back to the break, those living in 2912, who through the first semester had not grown that close together, but because we were forced to be together for 10 days straight I must say we are all better friends. With P90X and cooking dinner the only activities to break up the monotony of watching TV, we spent a lot of time in the living room and have become better friends because of it. I am feeling much more comfortable here in Gainesville and it is starting to feel more like where I am supposed to be.

These are some pictures from the Snowmageddon that took over north Georgia last week.
Ole Blue's bed was filled to the brim with the white stuff
One of the parts of the weekend we all looked forward to (other than getting out of the apaprtment) was the Atlanta Falcons game on Saturday night. This excitement lasted all of about an hour and was completely gone by the second half in which the Falcons were owned by the Green Packers. I feel as if I pull for a team they are doomed to win the big game. Now that my favorite football teams are done for the season it is on to basketball and following recruiting for next season.


Some of the decor for the Falcons game in the living room Saturday night

No comments:

Post a Comment